1. Brene Brown – The Power of Vulnerability
2. Julian Treasure – 5 Ways to Listen Better
Being heard and understood is something we all crave. And yet, listening has become a lost art these days. Julian Treasure’s talk is short and sweet but gives some thoughtful ideas on how to become a better listener. The value of this skill really can’t be underestimated – especially in our closest relationships.
3. Rachel Terrill – Story Your Way to a Happy Marriage
4. Fawn Weaver – The Argument Free Marriage
5. Esther Perel – The Secret To Desire In A Long-Term Relationship
6. Mandy Len Catron – Falling In Love Is The Easy Part
Jenna McCarthy – What You Don’t Know About Marriage
8. George Blair-West – 3 Ways to Build a Happy Marriage and Avoid Divorce
9. Margaret Heffernan – Dare to Disagree
Margaret Heffernan’s talk is less specifically about marriage but it brings up important ideas about the nature of disagreement – and how it can be treated as a positive – a type of collaborative thinking. All of our relationships can benefit and be strengthened from learning how to work through disagreements constructively. And let’s face it, a little disagreement in long-term partnerships is inevitable, so we may as well learn a thing or two about how to handle it better!
10. Helen Fisher – Why We Love, Why We Cheat